Monday, August 26, 2013

after six months

I've lost around 15lbs since I started the 9pm-1am gig. I've a bit of carpel tunnel along with other aches and pains related to the repetitive motions involved. I qualify for 401(k) and got a quarter raise, which are superficially nice, but I'm still only getting 20 hours a week. Nothing hateful, but all and all I know I cannot do this for an extended time frame seeing I'm essentially middle-aged. I'll need to save more for retirement and I'll be a broken man if I retire from such a position.

A job is better than none. Hopefully I can find something fulltime or cobble some hours elsewhere to make the income seem comparable. It's easier to get work if you already have a job.

I have another kid on the way, so childcare is an ugly element I want to avoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment