Sunday, January 6, 2013

Daily grind

Most days, I check my email first thing and go through the indeed.com job leads. I have an indeed.com account, so I store the jobs that have potential for my background. I apply for jobs that have deadlines accordingly, but I mostly stick to the thinks in my field. With that in mind, I go through and apply for jobs on the sites that hire within my field. Indeed.com is great for throwing a net, but it does not get jobs from individual institution/company HR pages. So I periodically check some sites that don't have postings find their way to indeed.com via Careerbuilder or Monster.

Read an article the other day that suggested that search online for jobs was mostly a waste of time. Seems that 70% of the jobs are never posted online though 90% of job seekers are going online leaving a mere 5% offline hunters.

No comments:

Post a Comment