Saturday, May 26, 2012

Job Search sites from Job Center List

A few weeks ago, I decided to see what the "One Stop" had to offer with regards to job postings that I was not seeing, and I was told they had nothing beyond what is available on a three page list of links: Not sure how how old the sheet is, but just looking at the the first eight give an indication that it's a little dated.
      1. 4 Work                                                             www.4work.com
      2. America's Career Info Net                                www.acinet.org
      3. America's Employers                                        www.net-temps.com
      4. America's Job Bank                                         www.ajb.dni.us
      5. Best Jobs U.S.A.                                             www.bestjobsusa.com
      6. Brass Ring                                                       www.brassring.com
      7. Can Get It                                                       www.cangetit.com
      8. The Career Builder Network                           www.careerbuilder.com
I  have enough searches in Indeed.com and sites that hire within my profession bookmarked that visiting these sites is a bit redundant, thus making my visit to the Job Center a waste of time for me.

I apply for jobs that I can do, and how to get interviewed. Most of the time, I'm either overqualified or not experienced enough in what they are looking to fill.

I had an interview yesterday for a position that is a perfect fit for my background and experience. I actually didn't apply for the job, but rather for a position posted a few weeks ago. I was under the impression I had a good chance of getting the job for which I applied, since I got called the business day after applying, but hadn't heard anything until the other position was posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment