Monday, July 10, 2017

Day to Day schedule meh

I don't exactly drive much at work these days. I drove 3 times last week. I drove 3 times all of June. I guess I'm less of a hazard in the station as a handler team lead the whole shift rather than only partially.
Not an ideal scenario I want, but I feared it to become a reality when I got the team lead gig.
I get all blame and no extra pay, so being team lead is a bit of a shitty deal. Wouldn't be so bad if I got paid courier wages, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon. I'm too prone to take off mirrors and such to truly be a courier. Not driving hurts my parking ability, which is my biggest liability.
Long term, I can't do what I'm doing beyond a couple years. Physically and financially, I need something that isn't hard on my hands and adds more to my checking account.
I have no idea what I'm doing day to day. I'm team lead, but I don't feel like one given my team not being much to lead, and my not knowing when I'll be on the road or not.
There's worse things. It takes a job to get a job. I am not my job, so I can move on if the opportunity presents itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment