Sunday, May 21, 2017

Job Anxiety

I like FedEx. Good hours, benefits and long term term potential... but I have a mild problem of hitting vehicles when I'm in the station pulling out or parking.
I am a handler DOT, so I drive a little bit. If I have anymore accidents within the next year, I'll lose my ability to drive and could be terminated.
I'm team lead of the handlers, so I probably am safe keeping my job, but I'm not fond of the handling aspects long term. It's like the carwash, but as team lead I don't have to do as much physical stuff.
Regardless, I have a part-time job, so I am looking for another job essentially much like I have been ever since I got out of grad school in 2001. I should just stop looking given the wasted energy the search has been.
I have my Indeed.com searches set up for email, and I have my various library websites bookmarked. I should just let them go.
Either LinkedIn or Glassdoor claims that 80% of jobs are found through knowing someone, which means I'm more likely to find a job by being out and about socially than actually looking... it would seem.
I'll probably write a book about a guy who wants a job and tries too hard to get one.

No comments:

Post a Comment